SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Food Commons Fresno is a fresh, fun, and comprehensive local food project. We seek passionate individuals to join our team.
Join us! We are searching for two Customer Happiness Associates (one each with Spanish and Hmong language skills) to help Ooooby Fresno serve families in local school communities, especially where access to healthy food is severely lacking. Ooooby--Out of Our Own Backyards--works with local farms to provide the most wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables to weekly subscribers. The Customer Happiness Associates will correspond with schools, community members, and customers to promote Ooooby and ensure that customers are happy with their experience. This position is closely tied to outreach, organization, and weekly execution.
Ooooby consists of a very dynamic team and roles can shift as needed. Successful candidates must have willingness to expand their responsibilities and take on additional training to grow with the team.
- Liaise with schools and community organizations to promote Ooooby in target neighborhoods and assist with the success of school host sites.
- Conduct regular multilingual outreach/marketing activities to recruit Ooooby participants, especially within target school neighborhoods.
- Maintain a cheerful and cordial relationship with customers and the public.
- Represent Ooooby at various events and use mobile technology to enroll customers in Ooooby.
- Promote the purchase of Ooooby using Electronic Benefits Transfer/Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (EBT/SNAP).
- Produce, translate, print, and distribute outreach handouts as needed and contribute to weekly newsletter production.
- Regularly publicize Ooooby products, services, recipes, photos, and related articles by social media, email, and website.
- Conduct multilingual customer service by phone, email, or in person to thouroughly address customer needs, manage customer accounts, and ensure that customer history records are accurately maintained.
- Respond promptly to prospective customer inquiries.
- Restock brochures at many locations across our delivery area as needed.
- Take responsibility for the brand promise and provide exceptional service at all times.
- Be familiar with and have a sound knowledge of Ooooby’s products, services and policies.
- Exercise responsible behavior and positively represent Ooooby at all times.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with colleagues, partners, customers and public.
- Attend and contribute to training sessions and meetings.
- Willing to openly and sincerely report program evaluation, customer feedback, and your own organizational assessment to management.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all crew members and visitors.
- Be aware of food safety hazards associated with your role and maintain strict cleanliness when displaying and sharing produce.
- Be aware of physical hazards associated with your role, and promptly report all hazards.
- Learn about other Ooooby roles and other areas of business operations.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent substantial experience.
- Language: Excellent oral and written Spanish/English or Hmong/English language skills are a requirement.
- Passionate about local food system development in the Fresno region.
- High comfort level with selling products and conducting active recruitment.
- Easily communicates orally and in writing with groups of all sizes, in person as well as through the electronic media.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds and successfully in a team environment.
- High comfort level with computers, common software programs and applications, and online tools with willingness to build skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a complex and dynamic start-up environment with balance and a healthy sense of humor.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Highly accountable and high level of self-initiation.
- Willing to work occasional evening and weekend hours, outdoors at events, and able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Strong preference will be given to applicants with the following attributes:
- Significant previous community outreach, school, or sales experience.
- Significant previous food/farming business experience.
- Experience/skill with translation and interpretation.
- Experience/skill with spreadsheets, custom websites, and data entry.
- Experience/skill with digital communication and team collaboration tools.
- Experience/skill with print and digital media design, layout, and photography.
HOURS and COMPENSATION:
- 20 hours a week to start.
- Compensation based on experience.
- Opportunity to increase hours and pay may become available by the end of the year with positive job review.
Applications received by 5pm Friday, March 4th will be given immediate consideration. Applications received after this date will be considered on a rolling basis. Interested applicants: please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Spanish Customer Happiness" or “Hmong Customer Happiness” as the subject line. No phone calls, please.